Ilkley to Bolton AbbeyThe back road from Ilkley to Bolton Abbey is one of the most popular routes for cyclists in this area. this description just takes you through to Bolton Abbey but there are many continuations from there going further up Wharfedale or over to Embsay and Skipton. The road can be busy at times so care should be taken.
This is one of the most popular cycling roads in the area following the River Wharfe between the spa town of Ilkley and the popular attraction of Bolton Abbey. There are plenty of cafes and facilities at each end. At Bolton Abbey you can explore the ruins of the Priory or park the bike and go on riverside ramble. There are also plenty of options to extend your ride.
Please note that you’ll need to follow your browser instructions for downloading of GPX files:
- Google Chrome: Right click on the icon, and choose save link as…
- Firefox: Right click on the icon, and choose save link as…
- Safari: Right click on the icon, and choose Download linked file as . . .
- A Microsoft browser: Right click on the icon, and choose save target as…
- For mobile devices, you can use an app such as Trails – GPS tracker for hiking, biking and running to import the GPX files directly into the app.
Once the GPX file has been saved on your computer, use the software provided by your GPS device maker or Expert GPS to load it onto your device.
If available, the 'GPX' (or GPS Exchange format) files for each route are text files that can be read by GPS devices as a series of waypoints along each route.