Etape du dalesThe Etape du Dales is a cyclosportive event held each May. This is a long route involving seven main challenging climbs and descents. Make sure you and your bike are prepared for a long day out.
The Etape du Dales is one of the best known cyclosportives in the country and takes place each May. This is a major undertaking taking in 110 miles of riding over seven major climbs, but if you are looking for a challenge this could be it. The route takes in such iconic climbs as Fleet Moss, Buttertubs, Tan Hill, Lamps Moss, the Coal Road and Newby Head. If you doing this unsupported then there are plenty of places on route to refuel.
Please note that you’ll need to follow your browser instructions for downloading of GPX files:
- Google Chrome: Right click on the icon, and choose save link as…
- Firefox: Right click on the icon, and choose save link as…
- Safari: Right click on the icon, and choose Download linked file as . . .
- A Microsoft browser: Right click on the icon, and choose save target as…
- For mobile devices, you can use an app such as Trails – GPS tracker for hiking, biking and running to import the GPX files directly into the app.
Once the GPX file has been saved on your computer, use the software provided by your GPS device maker or Expert GPS to load it onto your device.
If available, the 'GPX' (or GPS Exchange format) files for each route are text files that can be read by GPS devices as a series of waypoints along each route.