MTB: Pateley Bridge – Brimham BlastAlthough this route is short it should not be underestimated. It starts with tough climb out of Pateley towards the first of the off-road sections. After this it becomes an intense ride with spectacular views and challenging uphill and downhill sections on rough bridleways, before a gentle final run back.
A relatively short route out of Patelely Bridge but with some tough climbs and rocky descents. The first climb comes straight out of Pateley then it is a mixture of stony bridleways and bits of tarmac. After a section on the B road comes the first big descent down to Brimham Rocks road.
A long climb on tarmac is then rewarded with a great descent all the way back into the valley. Then its back to Pateley, first on the B road to Glasshouses and then a quiet back road through Bewerley.
Pateley is a great mountain biking base with a good selection of routes, plenty of accommodation, cafes, pubs, car parks and toilets.
Please note that you’ll need to follow your browser instructions for downloading of GPX files:
- Google Chrome: Right click on the icon, and choose save link as…
- Firefox: Right click on the icon, and choose save link as…
- Safari: Right click on the icon, and choose Download linked file as . . .
- A Microsoft browser: Right click on the icon, and choose save target as…
- For mobile devices, you can use an app such as Trails – GPS tracker for hiking, biking and running to import the GPX files directly into the app.
Once the GPX file has been saved on your computer, use the software provided by your GPS device maker or Expert GPS to load it onto your device.
If available, the 'GPX' (or GPS Exchange format) files for each route are text files that can be read by GPS devices as a series of waypoints along each route.